Indoor Air Quality Services in Indianapolis, IN
What comes to mind when you think of air pollution? Car exhaust, refineries, smoke, and smog don’t tell the whole story. You may assume your home provides an escape from air pollution, but the Environmental Protection Agency says that indoor air is often two to five times more polluted than the air outside.
How can this be? The fact is, everything from your home’s building materials and finishes to your daily activities can raise the levels of indoor air pollution. Since you likely spend 90% or more of your time inside, it’s important to address indoor air quality (IAQ) so you and your family stay healthy.
If you’re ready to clean up the air in your Indianapolis home, please contact the indoor air quality experts at Chapman Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing—(317) 291-4909.
Sources of Indoor Air Pollution
Most pollutants that affect indoor air quality come from inside the building. Some of the most common concerns include:
- Carbon monoxide, tobacco smoke, and particle matter from combustion products
- Lead and asbestos found in older homes
- Ozone (a byproduct of some air cleaners)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs), such as benzene and formaldehyde, from cleaning supplies, cosmetics, paint, pressed wood products, and many other sources
- Mold caused by high humidity
- Pet dander from many breeds of dogs and cats
- Pesticides used both inside and outside the home
- Radon from decaying uranium rocks found in the soil beneath your home
Other factors that affect indoor air quality include the climate, season, air exchange rate, and use of chemicals indoors. If you struggle with headaches, irritated eyes, respiratory problems, fatigue, or other symptoms that only seem to appear when you’re at home, these are signs that indoor air pollution levels are high.
Don’t wait another day to improve your indoor air quality—contact Chapman to discover how we can help you breathe easier in your Marion County home.
Our Indoor Air Quality Services in Indianapolis
The IAQ specialists at Chapman want to help keep you and your family healthy with simple solutions that are shown to improve indoor air quality. After all, we believe the only way to combat your symptoms effectively is to control the problem at the source. That’s why we install and service the following indoor air quality products:
- Air purifiers
- Air filters
- UV lights
- Wi-Fi programmable thermostats
In addition, we offer a variety of air quality-related safety products, such as carbon monoxide detectors, compressor savers, and water alarms.
Benefits of Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Choose Chapman as your IAQ expert in Indianapolis to enjoy these benefits:
- Improve your health: If you have pet or mold allergies, asthma, or lung disease, clean air is vital. We can help reduce the risk of health complications by recommending air filtration and purification products for your home.
- Sleep better: When you can breathe easily, you sleep more soundly. This leaves you feeling more rested and improves your quality of life.
- Enjoy fresh-smelling air: No one likes musty, dirty, or chemical odors in their home. Eliminate these lingering smells with IAQ solutions from Chapman.
- Lower your energy bills: Several air quality products, including humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and Wi-Fi thermostats, help you stay comfortable while reducing the need for heating and air conditioning for year-round energy savings.
Improve Your Home’s Air Quality Today
Clean indoor air should be high on everyone’s priority list, and Chapman can help! Trust our licensed, experienced technicians to install and service the products you need to breathe easy at home.
To learn more about our IAQ products and services, please contact us online or call (317) 291-4909 today. We have served Marion County residents since 1984.