Kitchen Plumbing Repair & Installation in Indianapolis
Your kitchen and bathroom have the highest concentration of plumbing fixtures and appliances. A water line must be connected to your fridge, dishwasher, and sink. The sink and dishwasher also need hot water lines and drain pipes.
Hooking up these lines properly is essential. Incorrect fittings or mistakes can cause terrible water damage and cost thousands of dollars. It’s crucial to be able to trust your appliances’ plumbing lines fully and have complete confidence in your kitchen. That’s why Chapman has made it our goal to offer high-quality workmanship on all our jobs.
Trust Chapman with repairs and installations for faucets, waterlines, and garbage disposals in Indianapolis, Fishers, and Lebanon, Indiana. Whether you’re looking for a kitchen plumbing installation, repair, or maintenance appointment, we can handle it! Contact Chapman Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing today to schedule an appointment with one of our expert plumbers. We’ll see that your plumbing is in the best shape possible.
Reliable Kitchen Plumbing Services
Chapman installs and services a wide range of kitchen plumbing appliances throughout Indianapolis and beyond. We offer reliable kitchen sink installation for new constructions, remodels, or even just regular faucet replacements.
We can install all sorts of kitchen sinks–double sinks, single basin sinks, different materials, etc. Similarly, there is a wide variety of kitchen faucets–traditional ones, ones with pull-out sprayers, or even hands-free models. Contact us today to learn about the numerous different sink and faucet options available.
Does Your Kitchen Faucet Need Replacement?
Does your kitchen sink leak or drip? Or is the water pressure way too low? Do you wish your sprayer had a longer hose?
Maybe it’s time to replace your kitchen sink faucet. Contact Chapman for kitchen faucet installations in Indianapolis.
Chapman’s Garbage Disposal Repair Services
Using a kitchen without a working garbage disposal is incredibly frustrating. Garbage disposals help ensure that everything that goes down the drain is pulverized into something so small it can’t harm the plumbing.
When your garbage disposal stops working, it can lead to stinky sinks, slow drains, and even clogged pipes. Some garbage disposal problems can be solved with DIY methods, but some will require the expertise of a professional plumber.
Trust the dedicated team at Chapman with your garbage disposal repairs and installation in Indianapolis. We’ll diagnose the problem and get it working quickly. If it is beyond repair, we can quickly install a new garbage disposal so your kitchen is back to normal in a flash.
Signs Your Garbage Disposal Unit Needs Repair
There are a number of problems that may occur with garbage disposal units. Here are some of the indicators that your garbage disposal needs repair:
- Grinding Noises: If you hear loud metal-on-metal grinding noises, immediately turn off the disposal. Over time, garbage disposals can wear out, or mechanical parts may loosen. We’ll have to remove the garbage disposal to diagnose the problem.
- Fails To Turn On: This is a common problem. When you flip the switch, the garbage disposal doesn’t turn on, but you can hear a faint electrical whining. This means that the “blades” are stuck. This can be from something lodged in the garbage disposal, rust buildup, or another mechanical problem.
- Plumbing Leaks: Leaks are a big problem that may cause damage to your cabinets and flooring. It’s important to get a plumber in to fix this as soon as possible.
- Jammed: Sometimes garbage disposals jam when the wrong foods or objects are put down the disposal. Fibrous vegetables, bones, coffee grounds, or even silverware can grind the disposal to a halt. Sometimes, these objects can permanently damage the blades of the disposal.
If you need help with your garbage disposal, call Chapman. We offer garbage disposal repair and replacement services in Indianapolis, Indiana.
How to Care for Your Garbage Disposal
Garbage disposals bring a lot of convenience to your kitchen but are often taken for granted. Not every garbage disposal problem can be prevented but most can be. Despite its name, you should avoid putting any garbage down the drain. Scrape as much garbage and food into the trashcan as possible.
Here are some main categories of things that should never go down the drain:
- Fibrous vegetables (celery, onion skins, asparagus, etc.)
- Hard foods (popcorn kernels, meat bones, etc.)
- FOG (This stands for fats, oils, and grease and is more of a threat to your drains than it is to your disposal, but it should still be avoided!)
- Foods that expand with water (rice, pasta, coffee grounds, etc.)
- Any garbage or paper-based materials (napkins, paper towels, etc.)
A sound garbage disposal system will last around ten to 12 years with good care. After that, it may require replacement. New garbage disposals have become a little more powerful but significantly quieter.
Contact us online today to schedule plumbing service, or call us at (317) 743-9425 to speak to a plumbing and disposal expert now!
Financing Options Available
At Chapman, we understand how important a functioning HVAC system is for your home. This is why we offer flexible financing options to help you take care of your new HVAC purchase, so you can get back to taking care of what matters most to you.
A well-maintained HVAC system can save you from having to invest in costly repairs down the road. Learn more about our priority maintenance services.