Gas Piping & Gas Appliance Installation in Indianapolis
There is a vast number of appliances on the market that use natural gas as their fuel source. Natural gas is plentiful, burns cleanly and efficiently, is very reliable, and is inexpensive. Many homeowners are switching from expensive-to-operate electric appliances to more affordable natural gas ones.
Natural gas is a very flammable energy source. Any pipeline installation for natural gas should be done by a seasoned professional to prevent mistakes that could pose safety risks to you and your family.
The expert plumbers at Chapman Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing are ready to install gas lines for homes in Indianapolis, Indiana. We can run a gas line to any gas appliance you want to install and do it safely and up to code. We’ve been in the business for over 70 years, and our plumbers have the experience to do the job perfectly.
The Importance of Natural Gas
Natural gas has become essential to our nation’s heating fuel economy. Not all homes are situated close enough to take advantage of a city’s main natural gas line, but those homes that do enjoy great benefits.
Benefits of Using Natural Gas
While there are many benefits of natural gas, here are the benefits that homeowners enjoy the most.
- Natural Gas Is Affordable and Reliable: More affordable than fuel oil, propane, or electricity, natural gas lines are domestic and abundant. We expect to have at least access to domestic natural gas reserves for the next 86 years. Natural gas appliances cost, on average, less than half of what it costs to operate electric versions.
- Natural Gas Burns Cleanly: Natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel available. It produces impressive energy output with little by-products. It is plentiful and relatively easy to access.
- Natural Gas Is Safe: With properly installed gas lines, natural gas is very safe to use. It produces half as much carbon monoxide as oil does when burned. Because natural gas is lighter than air, it dissipates quickly if there is an unlikely leak. If you do notice a leak, get it repaired immediately with help from Chapman.
- Natural Gas Produces Warmer Air: Gas systems warm air up to 120 degrees compared to the 90-degree air that electric heat pumps provide.
- Natural Gas Works Without Power: Natural gas appliances, furnaces, and water heaters still work without power. If your electricity goes out, you still have a warm home, hot water, and cooking power. Your water heater and furnace should still have their pilot lights lit, though you may have to use a lighter to operate your stove or oven.
- Natural Gas Appliances Have Longer Lifespans: Gas appliances generally have longer life expectancies than their electric counterparts. Components are less likely to break down.
- Natural Gas Is Faster and More Precise: Chefs praise natural gas stoves as the even heat they apply means more even and predictable cooking. Natural gas appliances heat up faster and cool down quicker. On average, you can run two loads of laundry with a natural gas dryer for the same cost as one load of laundry with an electric dryer.
Natural Gas Residential Applications: Heating & Appliances
With so many great benefits from using natural gas, many appliances have been adapted to take advantage of it.
- Furnaces: Natural gas furnaces are the most prevalent form of residential heating in the United States. They are much more efficient than standard electric furnaces, only being outperformed by electric air heat pumps or geothermal heat pumps. The cost to install and operate a natural gas furnace is one of the lowest available compared to the other various heating solutions.
- Water Heaters: Natural gas is a fantastic solution for heating water. Some models can achieve up to 98 percent heat efficiency with gas, directly converting nearly all possible energy into thermal heat. Only on-demand water heaters are more efficient, and even then, only if installed properly.
- Stoves and Ovens: Most stovetops and ovens in the country still use electricity, but natural gas stoves are on the rise. Currently, natural gas stoves account for 38 percent of stoves in the United States. Natural gas provides faster, more even, and more precise heating, which is why chefs prefer it. They even work without power, though you may need a lighter to ignite a burner.
- Fireplaces: Many homeowners love the cozy feeling of a fireplace burning in their home but don’t want to deal with getting firewood, cleaning out ashes, or dealing with smoke. Gas fireplaces are safe and effective, and they provide excellent heat.
- Dryers: Natural gas dryers aren’t as prevalent as the other appliances listed, but they have proven incredibly energy efficient, just like all other natural gas appliances. They are gaining popularity and can dry twice as many loads for the same cost as an electric dryer.
Chapman Gas Piping Installation Services
Some things in your home can easily be a small DIY project; unfortunately, natural gas pipeline installation is not one of them. Don’t risk injury or fire when dealing with gas lines. Natural gas lines should be left to the professionals so everything is up to code and your family is 100 percent safe.
Rely on Chapman Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for comprehensive gas piping installations and services in Indianapolis, Lebanon, and Fishers. Our expert plumbers have the training and experience necessary to install, repair, and maintain gas lines with the highest degree of workmanship and safety in mind. We’ll ensure your installation of a new gas oven, stove, furnace, dryer, or water heater goes smoothly and safely.
Trust our years of experience and training for your gas pipe installation in Indianapolis. Contact us to schedule an appointment to discuss your gas piping needs.
Financing Options Available
At Chapman, we understand how important a functioning HVAC system is for your home. This is why we offer flexible financing options to help you take care of your new HVAC purchase, so you can get back to taking care of what matters most to you.
A well-maintained HVAC system can save you from having to invest in costly repairs down the road. Learn more about our priority maintenance services.